Welcome to the Department of Mines and Petroleum
- 12 February 2016 DMP welcomes Northern Territory visitors
- 11 February 2016 Gas boost for Eastern Goldfields energy supply
- 05 February 2016 DMP sets record for approvals
- 02 February 2016 Golden Gecko nominations open
- 01 February 2016 Nominations now open for Community Partnership Award
- 21 January 2016 DMP publishes MRF Yearly Report 2015
- 18 January 2016 Revised Low-Impact Activity Framework published
- 18 January 2016 DMP visit to Africa a success
- 15 January 2016 DMP unveils Abandoned Mine Policy
- 08 January 2016 Bushfires sparked by illegal fireworks highlight dangers
- 07 January 2016 Help shape safety guideline
- 06 January 2016 Have your say on draft guidelines
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
DMP ensures the safe and sustainable development of WA's resources.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMP as a regulator. Consultation ensures concerns are listened to, understood and where possible or necessary, addressed to ensure responsible and sustainable development of the State’s resources.