Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 22 March 2019 Seismic survey gets underway
- 15 March 2019 Companies fined $112,000 and $64,000 after worker suffered broken jaw at Cloudbreak mine
- 15 March 2019 Reminder about release of mineral exploration information
- 14 March 2019 New transport safety group on track
- 13 March 2019 Prospect magazine now available
- 07 March 2019 Applications now open for Round 19 of Co-funded Exploration Drilling Program
- 07 March 2019 DMIRS to decommission PoW-E online application form
- 26 February 2019 Awards to recognise excellence in the State's resources sector
- 25 February 2019 Awards to spotlight safety in WA workplaces
- 21 February 2019 Tailings Storage Facilities in Western Australia
- 14 February 2019 Karara fined $40,000 following crane collision
- 12 February 2019 Mining company fined following incident that seriously injured worker
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety was created on 1 July 2017 with the amalgamation of the Departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce. These structural changes are part of the WA Government’s State-wide public sector reforms. The new department will regulate the mining, building and construction industry with an elevated focus on worker safety. It will also assume consumer protection responsibilities.