Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 19 July 2017 Phillip Elliott Playford: a life of geology, exploration and history
- 19 July 2017 DMIRS begins drone trial
- 17 July 2017 Notification of appointments moving online
- 13 July 2017 Petroleum 2020 - the future of petroleum in Western Australia
- 13 July 2017 New Work Health and Safety Bill to protect workers
- 12 July 2017 DMIRS partners with The Western Australian Biodiversity Science Institute
- 12 July 2017 CSIRO Perth Basin baseline study reinforces regulatory regime
- 10 July 2017 DMIRS hosts prospector and small mine operators forum
- 10 July 2017 Department takes fundraising title for annual guide dog appeal
- 07 July 2017 Yandicoogina incident investigation continues
- 05 July 2017 South West limestone sites attract strong interest
- 04 July 2017 DMIRS expert delivers guest lecture at Murdoch University
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety was created on 1 July 2017 with the amalgamation of the Departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce. These structural changes are part of the WA Government’s State-wide public sector reforms. The new department will regulate the mining, building and construction industry with an elevated focus on worker safety. It will also assume consumer protection responsibilities.