Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 16 August 2017 Free virtual tour offers armchair view of meteorite impact structures
- 16 August 2017 Awards night to celebrate excellence in the resources sector
- 16 August 2017 The costs of non-compliance for transporting dangerous goods
- 15 August 2017 DMIRS airborne gravity surveys help to complete State mapping
- 15 August 2017 Concern about the dangers of using unsafe power adaptors
- 14 August 2017 Government collaboration assisting land use planning
- 04 August 2017 2018 State acreage release call for nominations
- 03 August 2017 Golden career opportunities in the Goldfields
- 02 August 2017 Proposed five year petroleum acreage release schedule
- 02 August 2017 More training dates for PoW applications
- 27 July 2017 Know how to handle dangerous goods to stay farm safe
- 27 July 2017 Prospect magazine subscriptions
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety was created on 1 July 2017 with the amalgamation of the Departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce. These structural changes are part of the WA Government’s State-wide public sector reforms. The new department will regulate the mining, building and construction industry with an elevated focus on worker safety. It will also assume consumer protection responsibilities.