Welcome to the Department of Mines and Petroleum
- 22 July 2016 DMP engaging with South West community
- 20 July 2016 Crushing Services International Pty Ltd fined $60,000 for arc flash incident
- 15 July 2016 Man stranded in isolated part of Goldfields a reminder of importance of carrying Personal Locator Beacons (PLBs)
- 08 July 2016 Top WA students awarded resources scholarships worth $330,000
- 07 July 2016 DMP warning for prospectors to 'stick to the rules'
- 06 July 2016 Latest edition of Prospect magazine now available
- 24 June 2016 Industry to benefit from new guidelines
- 24 June 2016 DMP Principal Project Officer wins prestigious IPAA Award
- 21 June 2016 Open letter to the community - South West petroleum exploration
- 17 June 2016 Huge Statewide response to inaugural Community Partnership Award
- 14 June 2016 Training and workshop for prospectors in the Mid-West
- 13 June 2016 Keeping up to date with your Dangerous Goods Licences
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
DMP ensures the safe and sustainable development of WA's resources.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMP as a regulator. Consultation ensures concerns are listened to, understood and where possible or necessary, addressed to ensure responsible and sustainable development of the State’s resources.