Petroleum and Geothermal Open Day 2011
The annual Petroleum and Geothermal Open Day hosted by the Petroleum Division and the Geological Survey Division was held at the Esplanade Hotel Fremantle on Thursday 8 September 2011.
The day provided the department with an opportunity to update industry on developments, provide feedback to stakeholders and discuss future trends.
An extensive poster display and exhibits were on show for stakeholders to view and throughout the day there were presentations. Topics that were covered included:
- Welcome and opening remarks - Hon. Norman Moore MLC, Minister for Mines and Petroleum
- Changing landscape of energy in WA - Tim Griffin, Deputy Director General Approvals
- Co-operative working Arrangements with the new National Regulator - Simon Skevington, Project Director Safety
- Unconventional gas - Mike Zuber, Schlumberger
- Geothermal the temperature is lowering - Mike Middleton, Senior Energy Geotechnologist (Petroleum Division)
- Regulatory change in WA - Colin Harvey, Principal Legislation & Policy Officer (Petroleum Division)
- Sequestering our future - Jeff Haworth, Director of Technology, Petroleum & Geothermal (Petroleum Division)
- Tight gas in Whicher Range - Cameron Manifold, Advanced Well Technologies
- Facilitating onshore drilling and reservoir stimulation - Bill Tinapple, Executive Director (Petroleum Division)
- Regaining social licence to operate - Phil Gorey, Executive Director (Environment Division)
- Acreage release - Richard Bruce, Petroleum Exploration Geologist (Petroleum Division)