We value your feedback.
If you require general information not currently available on this site, or were not able to find what you were looking for, you can contact the webmaster.
Otherwise send us your feedback or lodge an official complaint so that we can ensure this site meets your needs.
Capricorn Orogen deep seismic — publications and workshop
Preliminary interpretations of the three Capricorn Orogen deep crustal seismic lines (10GA–CP1, 10GA–CP2, and 10GA–CP3) were released at a public workshop held at Mineral House on Wednesday 23rd November 2011. The workshop consisted of ten presentations and was accompanied by the release of a series of extended abstracts and geological plates. All of the data including the ten PowerPoint presentations can be downloaded from the links below.
Extended Abstracts and Plates
- Capricorn Orogen seismic and MT workshop presentation schedule(PDF 742 kb)
- Kennett et al: The Capricorn seismic survey: experimental design, acquisition and processing(PPTX 16903 kb)
- Thorne et al: Geology of the northern Capricorn Orogen and preliminary interpretation of deep seismic reflection line 10GA–CP1: crustal architecture of the northern Capricorn Orogen(PPTX 125207 kb)
- Johnson et al: Geology of the Gascoyne Province and preliminary interpretation of deep seismic reflection lines 10GA–CP2 and 10GA–CP3: crustal architecture of the Gascoyne Province(PPTX 113016 kb)
- Cutten et al: Geology and architecture of the Edmund and Collier Basins(PPTX 16972 kb)
- Goodwin: Preliminary potential-field interpretation of the Capricorn Orogen, Western Australia: worms, forward modelling and 3D inversion(PPTX 15342 kb)
- Thiel et al: The Capricorn Orogen magnetotelluric (MT) transect(PPTX 12922 kb)
- Kennett: Understanding the lithosphere in the vicinity of the Capricorn Orogen seismic lines from passive seismic studies(PPTX 2960 kb)
- Korsch et al: Geodynamic Implications of the Capricorn Orogen deep seismic survey(PPTX 44412 kb)
- Tyler et al: Implications of the Capricorn deep seismic survey for mineral systems(PPTX 29629 kb)