Scoping Uranium Mining Approvals in WA
Uranium Approvals Gantt Chart
The Department of Mines and Petroleum (DMP) has developed a Gantt chart to assist companies wishing to undertake exploration and mining activities in Western Australia. The information in the Gantt chart will assist in scoping project approvals, including timelines, required from government before an activity can commence.
The chart is designed to cover uranium exploration and mining development, but it can be used for most other mineral commodities.
While DMP has made every effort to ensure that all likely approvals required are included and the timelines are accurate, proponents must be aware that every project is different and that every project will have different approval requirements and timelines. Many of the approval processes are interdependent and rely on the proponent having good project definition, meeting timelines and providing quality information.
Proponents are encouraged to engage early with agencies to ensure that applications contain the correct information and are processed efficiently.
For explanatory notes regarding the Gantt chart, including a list of acronyms, click below
Get your copy
There are three versions:
- Microsoft Project 2010: if you have Microsoft Project, you can open this document and input your own start dates and notes
- Microsoft Excel 2007: if you do not have Microsoft Project, the excel version provides the same information without the timeline chart.
This is a first consultation draft and DMP is seeking feedback regarding:
- Accuracy – does the chart accurately reflect the approvals that a proponent would need, the order that they need to get them in and the likely timeframes?
- Useability of document – is it simple to follow, are there sufficient guideline documents attached, are there sufficient explanations or notes?
- Any further improvements – for example, is there a sufficient level of detail, is the format easy to use or could it be improved?
Please provide your feedback to Rachel.Maiden@dmp.wa.gov.au