We value your feedback.
If you require general information not currently available on this site, or were not able to find what you were looking for, you can contact the webmaster.
Otherwise send us your feedback or lodge an official complaint so that we can ensure this site meets your needs.
Submission of mine plans
This web page provides a single entry point for links to key documents and information that may be required for submission of mine plans. It is not a comprehensive list of all legislation, requirements or information available.
Creating a Single Sign-On external account with the Department
Mine surveyors wishing to submit plans using the managed file transfer (MFT) system need to create a Single Sign-On account with the Department.
If you already have a Single Sign-On account because you use other Departmental systems such as Tengraph, you do not need to create a new one and can use the existing account for the MFT (go straight to Step 5). Your account is portable - if you move sites, you can keep the same external (ex) number.
To create a new Single Sign-On account:
- Go to the Department's Single Sign-On portal or the About Online Systems page.
- Click on 'Register'.
- Complete the form that appears. Select ‘Managed File Transfer (MFT)’ as the application you require access to. If you have problems, contact the Department’s Computer Helpdesk at +61 8 9222 0777 or IT.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be emailed your ex number and temporary password.
- Send an email to email@example.com (and copy in the GIS Analyst) and indicate that you want to use the MFT system.
- You will be advised when you can use the MFT to submit plans.
To modify account details (e.g. a new employer or email address) or if you have forgotten your password, go to About Online Systems and choose 'Manage My Account'.
Uploading mine plan PDFs
- Prepare the mine plan PDFs and listing of plans with certification as described in the exemption for the submission and certification of mine plans in electronic form.
- Zip all files into one folder (using Winzip or similar).
- Go to Single Sign On portal and log in.
- Double click to open the folder 'mineplans_yourname'.
- Use the 'Upload Files' button to transfer the zip file containing the plans you want to submit.
- Please note that the onus is on mine surveyors to ensure that the plans are received by DMP. To confirm that you have submitted plans, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (and copy the GIS Analyst).
You will receive a hardcopy acknowledgement letter within a few weeks of submitting plans.
Submission of hardcopy plans
You are required to submit the following mine plans in hardcopy, with each print certified by the authorised mine surveyor:
- One-year plans
- Plans before suspension of mining operations]
- Plans for closure.
You must also provide a hardcopy listing of all mine plan PDFs you have uploaded, and the listing must be certified by the authorised mine surveyor with the same wording as used on the plans. See the Exemptions for more details.
Send hardcopies to:
State Mining Engineer
100 Plain Street
EAST PERTH WA 6004
You can also submit the hardcopies to your District Inspector of Mines at the Collie, Kalgoorlie or Karratha regional offices.
Searching the Department's mine plan collection
Requests to search the Department's mine plan collection should be made using the form below.