The Co-funded Energy Analysis Program (EAP) is an Exploration Incentive Scheme (EIS) program for petroleum and geothermal companies. The program makes funding available for analysis of existing State resources (core, sidewall core, cuttings, and oil, condensate, water, and gas samples) and for re-analysis of existing data (e.g. reprocessing or desktop studies) to achieve better resolution and understanding of petroleum and geothermal systems. The program offers up to a 50% refund, up to $50,000 per application.
Analysis programs that will be eligible for co-funding include:
- Analysis of physical samples
- Reprocessing (e.g. seismic)
- Desktop or data studies
The following activities will not be eligible for co-funding under the EAP:
- Drilling campaigns
- Wireline and sampling conducted during operational activities
- Acquisition surveys (e.g. seismic, magnetic, geochemical surveys)
Funding for drilling programs is allocated separately, please see Co-funded Exploration Drilling program.
Allocation of grants follows a competitive process, with marks assigned against the criteria as detailed in the application form submitted. Applications are then ranked according to the total marks gained. Grants are offered until the exhaustion of available funding, which is capped at $250,000 per round.
Information for applicants
- Guidelines for the submission of applications Full details about the funding process are detailed in the Guidelines for the submission of applications.
- Funding Agreement If successful, applicants will be expected to abide by the conditions set out in the Funding Agreement.
- Final report template At the completion of the program, participants will be required to submit a final report in accordance with the template.
Successful applications and data
- View a list and map of the most recent successful projects.
- View lists and maps of some recent successful projects.
- To access the final reports and assay data from previous EIS drilling projects visit WAPIMS and search ‘EAP’ under ‘RELEASED DOCUMENTS’
- If you have any questions or need more information, contact us.
For further information contact: