Creating a point at the intersection of two straight lines does not require the lines to intersect, however the projected alignment of the two lines must intersect within a reasonable distance.
- Create at least two lines on the Map.
You can use the standard create , Explode, or create line by bearing and distance tool, to draw two lines (Line 1 and 2) on the map
Hint: Use the snapping tool along the tenement boundary for precise line work.
- Open the Enhanced plotting tools menu and select Create a Point at the Intersection of Two Lines.
3. You will need to select from the map two individual lines to intersect as shown below.
4. With your mouse click on a line (Line 1.) The selected line will be highlighted Yellow.
6. The system will prompt you to select the 2nd line.
7. The system will automatically create a point at the intersection of the two lines selected as shown below.
Tip - Use the create Polygon tool to construct a polygon. With snapping enabled, the polygon will accurately intersect with the tenement corners and the point created by the line extensions.