Applying for access to Resources Safety documents

Who can request information?

The department’s Resources Safety Division administers the safety legislation for dangerous goods, major hazard facilities, and mining, petroleum and geothermal energy operations in Western Australia. Common Freedom of Information (FOI) requests include:

  • accident and incident information
  • dangerous good licensing information
  • access to mine plans for non-tenement holders.

The information may be requested by:

  • an individual
  • an organisation
  • an agent acting on behalf of an individual or organisation.

Information for agents

Acting on behalf of individual

If requesting information on behalf of an individual involved in an accident or incident, you are required to provide an authority signed by the individual, allowing the department to release the information to you as the agent.

Acting on behalf of organisation

If requesting information on behalf of a business or company, please provide an authority from the business or company (on letterhead or with company email address), authorising the department to release the information to you as an agent. Although not required, this will assist with processing of the FOI request.

How to Apply

Applications must be submitted in writing and lodged with the department by:

Email -;
In Person - Level 2, 1 Adelaide Terrace, East Perth WA 6004; Mail - Locked Bag 100 East Perth WA 6892; or
On line Submission.

For further information on accessing information held by the department and to apply online, see the link at the top of this page.

Please note: Non-Personal Applications must be accompanied by a $30 Application Fee.


For any enquiries please contact Resources Safety's FOI Coordinators: Phone (08) 9358 8147 or (08) 9358 8145.