Welcome to the Department of Mines and Petroleum
- 20 January 2017 Firework deaths a tragic reminder
- 20 January 2017 Register now for the 2017 GSWA Open Day
- 19 January 2017 DMP to host new Mining Proposal workshops
- 12 January 2017 WA’s resources safety regulation gets tick of approval
- 05 January 2017 Have you provided feedback on the emergency preparedness draft code of practice?
- 03 January 2017 FQM Australia Nickel Pty Ltd fined $40,000 following tank rupture
- 28 December 2016 DKMSPP Pty Ltd fined $65,000 after worker crushed at Newmont's Boddington Gold Mine
- 23 December 2016 Stay safe when transporting dangerous goods
- 22 December 2016 Petroleum exploration Special Notices now accessible
- 22 December 2016 DMP releases land usage guide for Black Diamond
- 22 December 2016 DMP tests earthquake recording site in Broome
- 21 December 2016 Is your site cyclone ready?
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
DMP ensures the safe and sustainable development of WA's resources.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMP as a regulator. Consultation ensures concerns are listened to, understood and where possible or necessary, addressed to ensure responsible and sustainable development of the State’s resources.