Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 15 March 2018 DMIRS presents at workshop in Kazakhstan
- 09 March 2018 DMIRS attends the North American Prospector’s Expo (NAPE) in Houston
- 02 March 2018 GSWA Open Day 2018 promotes world-class geoscience
- 02 March 2018 Gold mining company fined $140,000 following worker's death
- 23 February 2018 Minister launches Round 17 of Co-funded Drilling Program
- 20 February 2018 Draft code targeting FIFO mental health open for comment
- 20 February 2018 Limestone Building Blocks Company fined $65,000
- 16 February 2018 Annual safety report details accident and injury data
- 15 February 2018 Awards to recognise excellence in the State’s resources sector
- 15 February 2018 New code helps mine sites plan for emergencies
- 13 February 2018 Strong community partnerships forged in the resources sector
- 12 February 2018 Register now for Geological Survey Open Day
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety was created on 1 July 2017 with the amalgamation of the Departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce. These structural changes are part of the WA Government’s State-wide public sector reforms. The new department will regulate the mining, building and construction industry with an elevated focus on worker safety. It will also assume consumer protection responsibilities.