The Geological Survey of Western Australia (GSWA) publishes a vast amount of pre-competitive geoscience information on the State, contributing to billions of dollars’ worth of resources for exploration and development.
Most products are available as a free download. Please see the help section for details about accessing the products on eBookshop. If you have further questions, please email the bookshop for more information.
Geoscience publications (in eBookshop)
Select Search Tools: GSWA Catalogue and then select an area of interest to obtain a list of products relating to that area.
Interactive geological map (GeoVIEW.WA)
Using online catalogue
Using our online catalogue, access other geoscience information including:
- geochronology records
- GSWA posters, promotional material and flyers
- historical mining tenement maps
- hydrogeology reports (public)
- MRIWA reports
- mineralisation reports (public)
- mining proposals (public)
- Western Australian Mineral Exploration Index (WAMEX) (public)
Find Premium GSWA publications on our eBookshop.
Catalogue of geoscience products 1980–2009 lists all books, maps and digital packages published between 1980 and 2009. It includes:
- detailed index maps
- 1:2 500 000 to 1:50 000 series maps — geological, geochemical, geophysical, urban and environmental
- all other project maps at various scales published since 1970
- listings of all publications.
Catalogue of pre-1980 geological publications lists all books published between 1898 and 1979.
Note: These publications are no longer maintained because of our online search facility. However, some customers find them useful so they have been included here for reference.
The following is a list of GSWA’s indexes:
- 1:1 000 000 geological maps
- 1:250 000 geological maps
- 1:100 000 geological maps
- 1:50 000 Northampton geological maps
- 1:50 000 environmental and urban geological maps
- Regolith geochemistry maps
- Non-series maps 2005 onward
- Non-series maps 2000–05
- Non-series maps 1996–2000
- Non-series maps 1985–96
- Non-series maps 1987–94
- Non-series maps 1969–86
- Mineral prospectivity packages
- Hardcopy aeromagnetic and radiometric data
- Digital aeromagnetic data
- Gravity data
- 1:250 000 seismic structure maps
- Hydrogeological maps
- 1:250 000 Simplified Tectonic Map of WA.
The department offers a wider search facility using the Library Catalogue (GeoLib) to search for publications (published by GSWA or otherwise) on topics related to Western Australian geology, mining, petroleum and the environment.
Other ways of accessing information
To receive information on recent releases as they are released, subscribe to our RSS feed.
Subscribe to GSWA eNewsletter
To stay up to date with the latest news, new products and services such as geophysics releases, workshops, events and latest releases, subscribe to our GSWA eNewsletter.
Subscribe to GSWA quarterly newsletter Fieldnotes
To have a hard copy of our quarterly newsletter ‘Fieldnotes’ mailed to you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and physical address.
For more information contact: