How do I prove my identity?

Dangerous goods and explosives licences can be issued to:

  • Individuals
  • Body corporates
  • Partnerships
  • Trusts

Additional supporting information is required to verify your identity. Before completing your licence application, ensure you have high quality colour certified copies of the original documents as follows:

  • Individuals
    • A current motor drivers licence issued in a State and/or Territory of Australia
    • A current Australian or international passport
  • Bodies corporate
    • Certificate of the Registration of the Company
  • Partnerships
    • Evidence of the partnership, and
    • Statutory declaration from each partner stating their full name, home address, contact details and the business in which the partnership is engaged in
  • Trusts
    • A document stating the name of the trust, and
    • The full name, home address and contact details of at least one of the trustees.
    • If the nominated trustee is a body corporate or partnership, the documents required are the same as advised above for such entities.

Failure to provide the required information will delay processing of applications.

Related information

Refer to Dangerous goods applications for relevant licence application.