Finalists for the 2017 Community Partnership Awards have shared their learnings in a series of videos
|Date:||Tuesday, 13 February 2018|
Presentations from a selection of the Community Partnership Award finalists are now available online.
Five of the partnerships that have successfully formed meaningful relationships and enduring outcomes for communities shared their learnings at the 2017 Awards for Excellence seminar late last year.
An important part of the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (DMIRS) Awards for Excellence program is to encourage others in the resources sector to be at the forefront of social outcomes for local communities.
DMIRS Executive Director of Resource Tenure, Rick Rogerson said the good work that is being done between industry and the community is a story not often told.
“There are some fantastic partnerships in Western Australia that are making a real difference to communities around the State and by sharing these stories the department hopes to see new partnerships formed and industry standards lifted,” Mr Rogerson said.
“One of the common factors in the presentations was the importance of the investment from the staff in the resources sector, their willingness to include the community in their own organisational culture was a factor in the effectiveness of the partnership.”
The five finalists who shared their partnerships were:
- The Industry Road Safety Alliance – Shires of Boddington, Collie and Harvey, RoadWise, Main Roads WA, Road Safety Commission, WA Police, Department of Transport, Synergy, South 32 Worsley Alumina, Newmont Boddington Gold and Premier Coal.
- The Graham (Polly) Farmer Foundation and Rio Tinto Partnership
- KCGM and KBULG Environmental and Sustainability Partnership – Kalgoorlie-Boulder Urban Landcare Group and Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines
- The Swan Alcoa Landcare Program – Perth NRM (on behalf of multiple community based landcare groups) and Alcoa of Australia
- The Wiluna Martu Ranger Program – Tarlka Matuwa Piarku Aboriginal Corporation, Central Desert Native Title Services and Northern Star Resources
Minister for Mines and Petroleum, Hon Bill Johnston announced the opening of the 2018 Awards for Excellence program today. For more information about the Awards for Excellence please visit www.dmirs.wa.gov.au/excellenceawards.