Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 11 August 2022 WA scientists reveal continents formed by giant impacts
- 09 August 2022 New Mining Rehabilitation Advisory Panel announced
- 01 August 2022 EIS program continues to support mineral exploration in WA
- 19 July 2022 Workplace grant program boosts mental health
- 12 July 2022 New petroleum environmental planning guidance
- 11 July 2022 Binduli North gold project in Kalgoorlie officially opens
- 11 July 2022 RER Group eNews now available online
- 05 July 2022 Petroleum activity approvals: Common issues that delay your projects
- 30 June 2022 Diverse resource projects striving for excellence
- 29 June 2022 Company fined after pit floor engulfs vehicles
- 29 June 2022 Hamersley Iron fined after worker fatally injured
- 10 June 2022 Response plan to bring mining approvals back on track
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
While the situation with the COVID-19 pandemic is changing rapidly, we remain focussed on delivering our services while adhering to advice from Government to protect the health and safety of our staff and the wider community.
The department will keep stakeholders updated as the situation evolves through our website, announcements, newsletters and social media.