Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 14 February 2019 Karara fined $40,000 following crane collision
- 12 February 2019 Mining company fined following incident that seriously injured worker
- 11 February 2019 Burning ground for prospecting proves costly
- 06 February 2019 Safety matters go online with ThinkSafe
- 31 January 2019 McGowan Government launches Future Battery Industry Strategy
- 25 January 2019 Mining Rehabilitation Advisory Panel Expressions of Interest
- 24 January 2019 Register now for 2019 GSWA Open Day
- 24 January 2019 eMits improvements increases debt collection efficiencies
- 18 January 2019 Collision data highlights safety lessons
- 15 January 2019 Draft ground control guidance developed by department open for comment
- 21 December 2018 Rare mineral find in WA sparks new interest in 30-year puzzle
- 20 December 2018 Stay safe this festive season
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety was created on 1 July 2017 with the amalgamation of the Departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce. These structural changes are part of the WA Government’s State-wide public sector reforms. The new department will regulate the mining, building and construction industry with an elevated focus on worker safety. It will also assume consumer protection responsibilities.