Welcome to the Department of Mines and Petroleum
- 26 June 2017 Increases to Mines Safety Levy and Mining Tenement Rents for 2017-18
- 22 June 2017 Regional DMP officers meet to share issues and discuss strategies
- 22 June 2017 Proposed five year petroleum acreage release schedule
- 20 June 2017 Ban for future uranium mining leases
- 20 June 2017 MRF online reports due end of June
- 19 June 2017 Expressions of Interest called for South West limestone operations
- 15 June 2017 Avoca Mining Pty Ltd fined $20,000 for explosives charges
- 15 June 2017 New Petroleum Bill Changes maritime boundaries
- 14 June 2017 Environment eNewsletter now available
- 14 June 2017 Thousands connecting online with DMP industry eNewsletters
- 13 June 2017 Allanson Primary sow the seed at Black Diamond
- 01 June 2017 Revegetation works begin at Black Diamond
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMP as a regulator.
As part of the State Governments state-wide public sector reforms, the departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce will amalgamate on 1 July 2017 to form the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety. These structural changes are aimed at creating collaborative departments focused on whole-of-government objectives and delivering services in a more efficient and effective way.