Welcome to the Department of Mines and Petroleum
- 02 December 2016 Recharging approach to battery transport safety
- 02 December 2016 Western Australia State acreage release for 2017
- 01 December 2016 Putting emergency preparedness to the test
- 01 December 2016 DMP clarifies position over NWS royalty deduction claims
- 30 November 2016 42 exploration projects attract co-funding
- 25 November 2016 Western Australia's mining experience shared at African workshops
- 24 November 2016 Environment Plan submission process available for public comment
- 24 November 2016 Nifty Copper Pty Ltd fined $60,000 after worker killed at Pilbara copper mine
- 23 November 2016 Mining Act amendments cut red tape
- 22 November 2016 DMP guiding next generation of engineers
- 21 November 2016 Stakeholder feedback on the DMP website
- 18 November 2016 Subscribe for DMP updates
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
DMP ensures the safe and sustainable development of WA's resources.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMP as a regulator. Consultation ensures concerns are listened to, understood and where possible or necessary, addressed to ensure responsible and sustainable development of the State’s resources.