Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 05 December 2018 Exploration Incentive Scheme stimulates rise in exploration
- 28 November 2018 Government introduces strict new controls for hydraulic fracturing
- 22 November 2018 MRF Post Implementation Review complete
- 19 November 2018 EIS paves way for new Fraser Range discoveries
- 16 November 2018 Ellendale EOI reminder for mining operators
- 16 November 2018 Another lithium mine powers up in the Pilbara
- 15 November 2018 Celebrating 130 years of geological excellence
- 13 November 2018 The dangers of working in high heat environments
- 06 November 2018 South32 Worsley Alumina Pty Ltd fined $65,000
- 05 November 2018 Mining Rehabilitation Fund Yearly Report now available
- 31 October 2018 Prospect magazine now available
- 29 October 2018 Texcom Pty Ltd former supervisor fined $6000
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety was created on 1 July 2017 with the amalgamation of the Departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce. These structural changes are part of the WA Government’s State-wide public sector reforms. The new department will regulate the mining, building and construction industry with an elevated focus on worker safety. It will also assume consumer protection responsibilities.