On 31 March 2022, the Work Health and Safety (WHS) laws replaced the health and safety elements of the Mines Safety and Inspection laws. For information visit www.demirs.wa.gov.au/whs
Transitional arrangements may be in place for the compliance requirements on this page.
All health and safety notifications, forms and guidance for mining and petroleum has moved to the WorkSafe website
The information below has been left for historical compliance reference purposes
How is the Safety Regulation System (SRS) used?
The department’s online SRS allows the electronic lodgement of documents and data. Some functions also allow clients to monitor the progress of their submissions.
Using SRS, companies and individuals can submit information online for matters such as:
- Approvals: project management plans (PMPs) and radiation management plans (RMPs)
- Compliance: review and notify compliance for mines safety audits, mines safety notices and dangerous goods notices
- Levy assessment
- Licensing and certification management
- Notifications: online monthly status reports, injury reports, notifiable incident or occurrence reports.
SRS is also used to store summaries of mining incident reports and mining fatalities, and mines safety bulletins and significant incident reports. All of these are publicly available to raise industry awareness of safety issues.
Why use SRS for communicating with the Department?
SRS is the preferred method of communication between the department and industry. The benefits are:
- all communications sent and received via the selected approval or notification function can be viewed
- new queries or information can be sent to the department and received in return, and a record is generated
- it eliminates the need to email a specific individual at the department.
What is the SRS registration process?
There are two ways to register for SRS:
- online through the Department website
- through a company administrator.
Detailed information on registering online for SRS is available through the Quick help guide to SRS online registration.
Further information on the SRS system is available at SRS online help.
Any queries please contact