Notifying import of fireworks from interstate

Fireworks (interstate import) - notice form - 651 Kb

Fireworks (interstate import) notice

When is this notice used?

A notification is required when fireworks need to be imported from interstate for an event.

The import notice must be lodged with the department at least 24 hours prior to the date of the expected arrival by the holder of a current explosives transport licence who imports the firework.

Who is responsible?

The person importing fireworks must hold a current explosives transport licence.

How long must records of import be retained?

The licence holder must keep proper records of all imported fireworks for two years after the date of import.

Lodging the notification

The completed and signed notification form and attachments (if any) should be mailed to:

Safety Regulation Group
Dangerous Goods and Critical Risks
Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
Locked Bag 100
East Perth WA 6892

Or lodge in person:
303 Sevenoaks Street (entrance off Grose avenue)
Cannington WA 6107

This notice must be lodged by the explosives transport licence holder who imports the firework with the department at least 24 hours prior to the date of the expected arrival.


For any enquiries please contact Dangerous Goods Licensing
Phone: (08) 6251 2300

Applicable legislation

See r. 55 in the following regulations: