Feedback and complaints

The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (DMIRS) is committed to providing high quality services that meet our customers’ needs. DMIRS respects our customers’ right to complain if they are not happy with the services we provide, or the way in which they are provided. We also welcome compliments and suggestions.

Note: Obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within the department, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk emailing (spamming) or similar purposes

Redirection target is

Feedback and complaints contacts

Feedback and complaints contacts Online feedback and complaints form
Ph: 1300 136 237*
Alleged bullying (read guidance) Pro forma for reporting bullying
Website feedback

* For callers within Western Australia only


Complaints process

Why do we need to know?

Your complaints and feedback are important as they help improve our services as well as telling us what we are doing well. If you are unable to lodge the complaint, you may nominate someone to act on your behalf.

What information is needed?

A simple statement telling us the nature of the service/conduct is all that is required. Should further information be required, DMIRS will contact you.

What will happen then?

Your submission is recorded and the investigation process begins.

When should I receive a reply?

We give feedback and complaints a high priority. Within seven days you will be sent an acknowledgement of your feedback or complaint. Your feedback or complaint will be investigated and you will be advised, in writing, of the outcome.

What if I do not receive a reply?

If you do not receive any reply within seven days of lodging your feedback or complaint, please contact the Customer Feedback Coordinator on 1300 136 237*. The Coordinator will immediately follow up on the matter.

What if I do not receive a satisfactory reply?

If you feel the reply is unsatisfactory, you may take the matter up with the Department. If after further discussion you remain dissatisfied, you may contact the Western Australian Ombudsman.