Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 22 January 2020 Release of 'grandfather' mineral exploration reports
- 16 January 2020 Reminder to review plans for cyclone season
- 14 January 2020 Industry consultation open for new annual assessment reporting templates
- 23 December 2019 DMIRS responds to public feedback on new Statutory Guidelines
- 19 December 2019 Consultation opens on proposed stakeholder engagement guideline for hydraulic fracturing
- 19 December 2019 New lease of life for former Ellendale diamond mine
- 18 December 2019 Mineral Title applications and transactions during Christmas and New Year
- 18 December 2019 RER Group eNews now available online
- 18 December 2019 Contractor fined over Perth explosives cache
- 11 December 2019 Public invited to comment on iconic natural heritage places where hydraulic fracturing will be prohibited
- 10 December 2019 Latest petroleum acreage releases now available for bidding
- 05 December 2019 Office hours - December and January
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety was created on 1 July 2017 with the amalgamation of the Departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce. These structural changes are part of the WA Government’s State-wide public sector reforms. The new department will regulate the mining, building and construction industry with an elevated focus on worker safety. It will also assume consumer protection responsibilities.