The State Administrative Tribunal (SAT) falls under the portfolio of the State Attorney General. The Tribunal is the primary place for the review of decisions made by Government agencies, public officials and local governments.
Prior to its establishment in 2005, matters were heard at nearly 50 industry and public sector boards and tribunals in addition to a number of courts.
What claims can be dealt with at the Tribunal?
Under section 67 of the Dangerous Goods Safety Act 2004, a person who does not like a decision that is reviewable (e.g. safety report) may apply to the State Administrative Tribunal for a review of the decision.
A reviewable decision is:
- a decision made under Part 4 of the Act by the Chief Dangerous Goods Officer (exemptions)
- a direction given under section 46(2) of the Act by the Chief Dangerous Goods Officer (approved auditor)
- a decision made under section 54 of the Act by the Chief Dangerous Goods Officer (direction or notice)
- a decision made under the dangerous goods safety regulations by the Chief Dangerous Goods Officer in relation to an application for, or in relation to
- other approval.
Refer to Part 4 and ss. 67, 46(2) and 54 of the Dangerous Goods Safety Act 2004
To request the cancellation or amendment of a dangerous goods remediation notice, contact a Dangerous Goods Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How is a matter referred to the Tribunal?
A matter can be referred to the Tribunal by:
- using the Tribunal’s online SAT Application Wizard; or
- requesting a hardcopy of the application form.
The State Administrative Tribunal has more details on referrals and lodging applications.
For enquiries contact the State Administrative Tribunal directly.
State Administrative Tribunal
4th Floor 12 St Georges Terrace
Perth WA 6000
GPO Box U1991
Perth WA 6845
Phone: (08) 9219 3111
Phone: 1300 306 017 (cost of a local call)
Fax: (08) 9325 5099