What is the role of approved training providers for dangerous goods transport?

What is required from training providers?

Individuals or companies offering dangerous goods driver training courses must::

  • be a registered training organisation (RTO) as approved by the Training Accreditation Council of Western Australia or equivalent interstate body
  • provide training that is the current  national unit of competency
  • use trainers with a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, who have been approved by the Department as assessors
  • use approved assessors to assess students with the nationally endorsed mandatory assessment instrument
  • provide students with a Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Completion that serves as training evidence for a dangerous goods driver licence.

For the delivery of dangerous goods driver training courses in interstate jurisdictions, contact the relevant Competent Authority.

See the Training Accreditation Council for information on RTOs and their obligations.

Contact an approved training provider

Please refer to the document below:

Dangerous goods transport training providers - 140 Kb

Approved training providers.