Geological Survey of Western Australia (GSWA) virtual tours offer an interactive exploration of the geology of Western Australia from the comfort of your lounge or favourite café. View the tours through either ArcGIS StoryMap or Google Earth. Each tour contains a rich suite of photos, video, maps and text.
- Devonian great barrier reef Take a virtual dive into a ~375 million-year-old reef system that that marks the southern gateway to the spectacular Kimberley region.
- Boogardie Orbicular Granite Discover the beauty, variety and origins of one of Western Australia’s most unusual rocks, and the oldest of its type in the world.
- Pearls in Western Australia Pearls are some of the most sought-after gems. Explore the history, environment and origins of Western Australian pearling history.
- Murchison region The geological story of the Murchison region takes us back to the formation of the continent and the oldest known minerals on Earth.
- Meteorite impacts in Western Australia How do geologists investigate meteorite impacts? Plunge into the intriguing clues that help us discover and interpret these alien invaders.
- Wadjemup/Rottnest Island Visit 12 sites where geological and coastal features reveal a tangible picture of a rapidly changing landscape over the past ~150 000 years.
- Discovery trails to early Earth Tour the east Pilbara from your armchair, visiting unique sites that illuminate the mysteries of one of the world’s iconic early continental fragments.
- Mafic–ultramafic intrusions For the experienced geologist, this virtual tour exposes the features and origins of voluminous, layered, mineral-rich, Archean intrusions.
For more information contact: