The Co-funded Geophysics Program (CGP) is a competitive program of the Exploration Incentive Scheme (EIS) funded by the Western Australian State Government and managed by the Geological Survey of Western Australia (GSWA). The CGP aims to provide new information on greenfields regions of the State for exploration of new mineral resources by refining regional structures including basin or province margins, identifying geophysical anomalies under cover, redefining regions for new deposit types, and defining target geometries and depth.
The EIS will allocate approximately $2 million per year to the Co-funded Geophysics Program. The co-funding amount will be 50% of the actual costs up to a capped value of $250,000 per project.
The CGP will support geophysical exploration in the mineral resources sector.
Higher preference will be given to:
- Greenfields projects (exploration in unexplored or under-explored areas, away from known deposits or mines)
- Regional to camp-scale projects
- Projects targeting critical minerals
THE PROGRAM WILL RUN ONCE A YEAR
Information for applicants
- Guidelines for the submission of applications Full details about the funding process are detailed in the Guidelines for the submission of applications.
- Funding Agreement If successful, applicants will be expected to abide by the conditions set out in the Funding Agreement.
- Tenement owner agreement If applicants are not the tenement holder, the tenement holder must agree to the conditions under which co-funding is offered. Tenement holder agreement.
Venture 1 (June 1 2024 – May 31 2025) will accept applications only from Release Area 1
For further information contact: